Brand: Benenden Health
Lead agency: Moreish Marketing
How do you re-invigorate a 114-year-old brand that is largely unknown beyond its membership base?
By sharing healthcare's best-kept secret.
Benenden needed to attract a younger audience without alienating older members.
It resolved to own a space in the market by:
- Developing a clear and differentiated proposition
- Refreshing the brand identity
- Investing in TV and press advertising
- Investing in digital and offline channels
- Enhancing onlinejourneys to increase conversion
All of this was led by insight. Just 6% of the public thought they could afford private medical insurance, even in the face of longer NHS waiting times.
Benenden also had low brand awareness - but scored high for positive opinion.