Advertiser: Virgin Australia
Brand: Velocity Frequent Flyer
Agency: CHE Proximity Melbourne
Velocity Frequent Flyer (the loyalty program of Virgin Australia) makes money when people transfer reward points over from their bank. Every year, they offer a 15% bonus on points transferred in May or November.
May is the second last month of Velocity's financial year. This meant all eyes from the board room were on this activity to ensure the business came home with a strong finish.
- Commercial objectives:
- Increase revenue from the November 2016 campaign by > 40%.
- Deliver growth with greater efficiencies with 35% less media budget than November 2016.
- Marketing objective:
- Penetration: Increase the number of new members transferring from November 2016 by > 25%.
- Communication objectives:
- Create a seamless experience within the channels we control.
- Disrupt a category laced with confusion and complexity.
- Position Velocity Points as the most valuable currency.
- Behave like all trusted (Virgin) brands should.