This paper explores the identification of influencers and activation of them within a brand or agency's marketing mix. With the proliferation of social media, decreased barriers to content creation, and the rise of ad blockers (now used by up to 26% of internet users in the UK), the role of influencers has grown exponentially in the past few years. However, the vast majority of influencer marketing approaches have significant limitations in both their philosophy and their execution and do not account for recent changes in the consumer landscape. 48% of surveyed brands intend to increase their influencer spend this year. This highlights the huge opportunity within influencer marketing, but there is also still the need for a more mature approach.
What else does this article talk about?
- WOM, Viral campaigns
- Social media planning & buying
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.