It is sometimes argued that in today’s fragmented media world a TV spot should no longer be the default starting point of an ad campaign. This is a strange argument because it isn’t clear that it ever has been or ever should have been. Telling insight and a great creative idea is now and always has been the best place to begin. But the evidence shows that TV today, as much as it ever has before, can act as the beating heart of any major advertising campaign. This paper will explain why and provide advice on the best practice for getting the most out of TV within the marketing mix.
What else does this article talk about?
- TV effectiveness
- Channel planning, media mix selection
- TV audiences
- TV planning & buying
- United Kingdom
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.