Technology, especially mobile technology, has had a profound impact on how we shop. This is not just evident in the rise of e-commerce; it is also changing our behaviours in physical retail. Shoppers' expectations have never been higher, and brands and retailers need to work together to deliver more convenient, seamless and rewarding solutions. This will require a new, more digitally-driven approach to in-store marketing. Significant opportunities already exist across locational, experiential and conversational technologies. To use these effectively, marketers need to ensure they are solving real shopper problems in ways that are perfectly tailored to context.
What else does this article talk about?
- POP & in-store
- Geodemographic & regional segmentation
- Shopper research & insight
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.