How to grow via premiumisation
This article is part of a series of articles on premiumisation. Read more.
Need to know
- It’s not straightforward targeting affluent individuals in the Middle East, as a new, toned-down aesthetic is coming to the fore.
- To connect with this audience, marketers must understand how to target wealthier consumers based on subtler cues and evolving values.
- The ‘you’ve earned this’ brand message is powerful. This could be a call to action for the affluent consumer who otherwise might not have taken the time to celebrate his or her achievement.
- Innovative luxury brands recognize what’s most precious to affluent individuals – their time, their family, and the pursuit of freedom. Harnessing any one of these is the best way to appeal to the affluent.
- With this cohort rapidly evolving, now is the time for brands to engage with the real human aspirations and anxieties that affluent individuals have in a fast-changing Middle East.