Can Pre-Testing Improve Campaign Decisions?
Can pre-testing improve campaigns, predict wear-out, or most importantly, sales? Advertising has been pre-tested for decades. So how do these remain legitimate questions to so many people who work in advertising?
Surely the reason these questions are still asked is that pre-testing has proved inadequate. This begs the question: What has historic pre-testing added to decisions? Answer: not much, because the focus has been on getting the ad noticed, instead of on eventual brand effect.
To be fair, a start has been made in terms of predicting whether the advertising will be noticed.
What else does this article talk about?
- Wearout & decay
- Ad testing theories & ideas
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.