WARC expects global out of home (OOH) adspend to increase 3.2% in 2018 to US$32.0bn, following a year of flat growth in 2017. The channel accounts for 5.7% of total global adspend and has largely maintained its long-term share. Growth is being fuelled by the rapid expansion of digital OOH and forecasts from PwC suggest that by 2021, digital will take an estimated 44.6% share of the global OOH total. The latest Global Marketing Index shows OOH budgets are rising in Asia-Pacific but dipping marginally in both the Americas and Europe. The majority of global OOH is concentrated in Asia-Pacific (US$13.4bn), followed by Europe (US$8.0bn) and North America (US$7.8bn). The fastest-growing markets this year are expected to be Australia (+12.9%), India (+11.6%) and Russia (+5.6%). Top US advertiser data from Kantar Media shows that OOH appeals to a diverse range of sectors. McDonald's topped the table with spend of US$76.2m in 2016, followed by Apple (US$69.2m) and Geico (US$56.9m).
What else does this article talk about?
- Advertising expenditure & forecasts
- Digital outdoor & OOH
- Outdoor & out of home planning and buying
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.