The purpose of this section of the Strategy Toolkit is to provide a grounding in the tools and techniques a strategist can use to find consumer insights that will be relevant to the brand challenge.
In this section you will learn:
1. What is 'insight'?
'Insights' can be an obsession for strategists. They are seen as the bedrock of smart communications, the 'nuggets' that guide creative work. They can be hard to define, but there's a feeling that, like creativity, 'you know it when you see it'.
So this module starts with a very simple question – what is an insight? And, just as important, what type of insight is useful when developing a marketing or communications strategy?
2. Research techniques
'Insight' is broader than 'consumer insight', but for many strategists insight generation starts in consumer research. So here you will find some of the basic principles of researching consumers and extracting the signal from the noise.
3. Identifying target audiences
What else does this article talk about?
- Account planning & strategy
- Turning research into insight
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.