Kantar on APAC consumer sentiment: What lies ahead post-pandemic | WARC | The Feed
You didn’t return any results. Please clear your filters.
Kantar on APAC consumer sentiment: What lies ahead post-pandemic
The COVID-19 pandemic has transformed behaviours and attitudes across APAC and brands must be clear on how to connect with newly digitalised, purpose-driven consumers, according to a Kantar Consumer Sentiment Survey.
The study covers nine markets: Japan, South Korea, Australia, Singapore, Malaysia, the Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia and Vietnam. In this new normal, APAC consumers are playing in an increasingly fragmented digital media environment.
- 40% now consume more TV on-demand/streaming.
- 38% seek out more podcasts/streaming music.
Three key stages
Brands need a clearly defined channel strategy to connect with people effectively and efficiently in this new media ecosystem. They can hedge against the uncertainty of timing throughout 2021’s three stages of COVID-19 – from the onset of the pandemic, to the vaccination rollout phase, and finally the return of social interaction.
- During the pandemic, brands were dealing with and planning for continued uncertainty.
- As vaccine access grows in the region, brands can capitalise on increasing opportunities.
- Most markets expect to see a surge in pent-up demand as social connection slowly returns.
Sourced from Kantar
Email this content