Growth marketing role pays best: Singapore study on starting pay | WARC | The Feed
You didn’t return any results. Please clear your filters.
Growth marketing role pays best: Singapore study on starting pay
The starting salary for junior roles in growth marketing in Singapore is the highest among marketing functions – compared with similar positions in product marketing and brand marketing.
Why it matters
Marketing and PR functions are crucial for building a solid foundation for tech companies but a Glints study finds that not all marketing roles are equal. In Singapore, the base salary for a junior role in growth marketing starts from US$3,700 – versus the same role in both product marketing and brand marketing that starts from just US$3,000.
- The 23% premium in growth marketing base pay is outpaced at the top end by a senior product marketing role with the highest salary of up to 35% more than a similar function for the former.
- The salary for the PR position ranks the lowest among the four functions, with pay for a junior role starting from US$2,200.
- Singapore startups are also eager to fill crucial data science roles, such as data analyst, data scientist and data engineer.
The study by Monk's Hill Ventures and Southeast Asian talent platform Glints examines the growing importance of PR and marketing jobs for tech companies.
- Growth marketing adds another layer to traditional marketing with a data and insight-focused approach, eg for SEO and content marketing.
- Product marketing focuses on getting the product to market from conception to launch, while brand marketing involves all aspects of marketing, including brand/product promotion.
- More marketing talent is expected to work in tech startups as digitalisation accelerates and government support increases.
Sourced from Glints
Email this content