Five things OOH is good at | WARC | The Feed
You didn’t return any results. Please clear your filters.
Five things OOH is good at
As lockdowns ease, summer arrives and more people are out and about, a new OOH Playbook, based on a three-year study, highlights that OOH advertising is particularly good at driving five core brand outcomes.
- Ad Awareness is all about long-term memorability. Large format and small format with contextual messaging are key to driving this brand outcome.
- Positive Brand Impression is linked to frequency of messaging and is driven by high-frequency environments like roadside, bus and transport.
- Quality Perception is influenced by the company you keep – media plans that want to drive quality metrics need to include premium sites, premium environments or premium production techniques.
- Recommendation is driven by high dwell-time environments and is understood through Confirmation Bias – we spend more time with things we like.
- Value for Money is about making people feel that what they’re paying for something is worth it. This is driven by high dwell-time and premium environments.
“There are some findings that raise the importance of different facets of media planning that have often been underplayed. For example, the importance for planners to look at frequency levels and the role that dwell time plays in the purchase funnel. Understanding the role of OOH beyond a CPT raises the bar of OOH media planning” – Jennie Roper, Head of Insight at Kinetic.
A three-year study of £2.2bn of media investment across 46 brands, led by Kinetic, was analysed against YouGov Brand Index data and Route audience impact data. Machine learning quantified brand uplift outcomes at a granular level, while a meta-analysis identified key trends and behavioural science.
Sourced from Kinetic
Email this content