Experiential touchpoints are main drivers of auto brand growth | WARC | The Feed
You didn’t return any results. Please clear your filters.
Experiential touchpoints are main drivers of auto brand growth
Automakers & marques Experiential marketing Channel planning, media mix selection
Nicola Niesl, from Kantar, presents a touchpoint-specific investigation into the automotive sector, where the experiential space has a key role.
Kantar’s research shows that non-paid touchpoints generate 73% of brand impact in the automotive industry.
- As in most other industries, recommendation with friends and family plays a huge role, but experiential touchpoints are the main drivers of brand growth.
- Street presence is the top touchpoint for automotive brands and the personal experience with driving a car – such as test-driving events, car sharing and car rentals – is also key. It is, therefore, most crucial for car brands to be visible outdoors, in the streets, with the right models, in the right places for the right people.
- Looking at paid media channels, outdoor advertising also plays a more important role than in other industries. It has significant impact on all brand metrics with only modest spend, making it comfortably the most cost-effective channel.
- Static media formats in general clearly work well, as print advertising is also powerful and cost-effective, especially in synergy with other channels. In terms of scale, TV is the major contributor within paid media impact but its high share of spend means it is actually the least cost-effective channel.
- Overall, traditional advertising impact in the automotive industry is still significant and above average compared to other industries.
Email this content