Content will be king in 2022 – Kantar prediction for APAC | WARC | The Feed
You didn’t return any results. Please clear your filters.
Content will be king in 2022 – Kantar prediction for APAC
As 2022 approaches, research agency Kantar's Global Media Trends and Predictions report analyses the media trends and predicts that content will be king in 2022, with industry trends around the five key themes of video streaming; re-modelling the commercial internet; a different approach to data; performance media and marketing; and life in a pandemic and what it means for brands and media.
Why it matters
In 2022, marketers will need to get closer to their own first-party data and explore new routes to competitor analysis as cookies are phased out, while rebalancing online and offline marketing spend as digital effectiveness concerns prompt e-commerce brands to invest in brand building advertising campaigns.
- Transparency in video-on-demand viewership will transform media’s most dynamic market, with multiple changes from audience attitudes to commercial models.
- A serious recalibration of the commercial internet is underway, with the two-year reprieve from Google an opportunity for advertisers/media owners to experiment with new approaches.
- Brands adopted performance-based strategies to survive the pandemic and competition will increase for performance marketing spend with the growth of social commerce.
- Advertisers’ attitudes toward data are changing – 2022 will see a renewed sense of value and urgency as the search for high-quality data becomes the fastest growing issue for marketers.
- Post-pandemic, brands that invest in data, insight, people and marketing will flourish as consumer behaviours change amid the need for convenience, value, sustainability and innovation.
“Content owners in Asia Pacific are set to benefit in 2022. The greater granularity of audience measurement data will benefit content owners and producers with more negotiating power than ever. Sole subscription offerings will become scarce and premium content bundles will be key to luring viewers in a crowded marketplace.” – Pablo Gomez, head of creative and media, Kantar.
Email this content