Carrefour puts its trust in Meta | WARC | The Feed
You didn’t return any results. Please clear your filters.
Carrefour puts its trust in Meta
Carrefour, the French global retailer, has launched a strategic partnership with Meta which aims to transform the supermarket chain’s customer experience via digital advertising and the digitisation of leaflets, local communication and social commerce.
- The partnership covers Carrefour Group’s nine integrated countries (France, Italy, Spain, Romania, Poland, Belgium, Taiwan, Argentina, and Brazil) and will include Meta platforms Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Messenger and Workplace.
- Carrefour will work with Meta to provide instant and more personalised experiences via WhatsApp and Messenger platforms.
- Store managers will be empowered to access local communication tools to activate Meta platforms in their catchment area to support the acceleration of local digital marketing.
- Carrefour and Meta are working together to digitalise promotion via the WhatsApp Business API (70% of French people prefer digital leaflets to paper according to a recent Ipsos study for Meta).
- The two companies will also develop a joint campaign-targeting-and-measurement offering within Carrefour Links, Carrefour’s platform that brings together all retail media solutions to improve the effectiveness of advertising campaigns.
Why it matters
Retail media is a growing revenue stream for retailers, but scale can be an issue, especially for programmatic ad buying. As AdExchanger notes, “it’s an important strategic question right now as to whether retail media platforms should partner for purchase-based targeting and attribution”. While Carrefour appears to be going it alone, two other French supermarkets, Intermarché and Casino, have partnered to sell digital ads based on their combined loyalty program purchase data.
“This partnership with Meta embodies Carrefour’s strong acceleration in the field of technology and its transformation into a digital retail company” – Elodie Perthuisot, executive director of e-commerce, data and digital transformation at Carrefour Group.
Sourced from Carrefour, AdExchanger
Email this content