Adstats: Global sponsorship
Global sponsorship expenditure is forecast to rise 2% to $52.1 billion worldwide in 2013. Sponsorship contributed 6% of global marketing spend last year, compared with 31% for direct and specialist marketing and 57% on above-the-line advertising. North America remains the largest sponsorship region, with $19.2 billion spent in 2012; Europe was in second place on $14 billion, with Asia-Pacific third on $12.4 billion. Within the US, sports took a 69% share of total sponsorship spend in 2012. Increasing brand loyalty is the campaign objective most likely to be cited by sponsors of all kinds; in terms of channels used, PR and internal communications are most popular, with each used by 77% of sponsors.
Download a full PowerPoint presentation of these charts or click below links for individual slides.
What else does this article talk about?
- Advertising expenditure & forecasts
- Event sponsorship
- Media sponsorship
- Sponsorship effectiveness
- Sports sponsorship
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.