|Agency: Saatchi & Saatchi|
Awards: Best Launch -Silver;
Automotive & DIY - Certificate of Excellence
Results Period for the Case: The 16 months from February 2002 through May 2003.
Base Period Used for Comparison: n/a, since this is a launch.
The Toyota Matrix was launching in the Crossover Utility Vehicle segment. The segment was growing aggressively, but the Matrix had a difficult challengeto appeal to a buyer not pre-disposed to Toyota. In addition, it would face the simultaneous launch of the Pontiac Vibe. This was significant, because the Vibe was virtually the same as Matrix (actually produced at the same factory), but branded under a different name with slight aesthetic differences.
What else does this article talk about?
- Compact, small family cars
Interested in seeing what other marketing challenges WARC covers?
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.