What we know about building brands
This guide summarises the key arguments on Warc around the topic of building brands, offering marketers practical advice from industry experts.
Need to know
Key topics in this paper include:
- Using communications to build a brand, including the ongoing importance of 'traditional' advertising.
- Positioning and differentiating a brand, including a positioning checklist, and pitfalls for brands to avoid.
- Building brands through 'purpose', including the major influences on a brand's trustworthiness.
- Launching new brands, including three steps to build a successful brand from scratch.
- Managing a portfolio of brands, including the most important questions to ask when setting a portfolio strategy.
- Leveraging a brand extension, including the benefits and pitfalls of sub-branding.
- Building disruptive and challenger brands, including the four attributes of successful challenger brands.
- Refreshing and revitalising brands, including strategies to revive the brand's 'core'.