Half of the top ten most downloaded papers on Warc in 2009 were recession-related, as marketers scrambled for insights on downturn behaviour.
Another prevalent theme was the rising importance to brand owners of social media.
The Best Practice paper Should you advertise on social networking websites? was the most widely-read article on this subject.
It was followed by an assessment of the Six Essentials of a successful social media case study, and a piece on Social Media's Emerging Communications Model.
It is an easy bet that in 2010 Warc will be running many more research papers and case studies on this topic.
Top Ten Downloads in 2009
- The international communications market: a summary of Ofcom research into global media trends
- WFA Global Media Trends 2008
- New social trends will emerge as US reacts to recession
- Communications planning in the 21st century
- What can TV and online learn from each other?
- Television: Back to the Future
- Innovating in recession: Media trends in the 2009 US Effies
- Data sourced from Warc