Get a demo Do I subscribe? News sign-up

Local Ads Lift US Radio Spend

News, 31 March 2004

US radio adspend edged up in February as local stations reported an uplift in revenues.

Latest figures from the Radio Advertising Bureau show a 1% increase in total spend on the medium compared with February 2003. But in a reverse of the recent trend, local advertising outpaced national: the former was up 3% while the latter fell 4%.

For the first two months of the year, total radio spend rose 1% year-on-year, with local up 1% and national down 2%.

Data sourced from: Radio Advertising Bureau; additional content by WARC staff