The latest content on Warc includes analysis of the Cannes Creative Effectiveness Lions, new additions and updates to our media best practice papers and a range of reports from conferences around the world.
Read on for all the news - and to receive content updates like this by monthly email, visit: Your Warc > Email Alerts.
Learnings from the Cannes Creative Effectiveness Lions
Warc analysis of the 80 case studies entered into the 2014 Cannes Creative Effectiveness Lions reveals some interesting trends among the 12 best, shortlisted campaigns:
- Humour, emotion and storytelling are the most-favoured creative strategies
- TV is giving way to social, but traditional channels still feature heavily
- The best campaigns averaged five effectiveness metrics (vs. four for other entrants).
Browse the 2014 Creative Effectiveness Lions for winning campaigns from McDonald’s, Dove, Lurpak and more.
Media planning best practice
Recent additions to our media best practice papers include:
- Communications planning: how to tackle the nine challenges facing media planners.
- Developing insight: how to build an insight capability for comms planning.
- Digital strategy: how to develop a digital strategy within media agencies.
Round up: Event reports
ANA Digital & Social (Dana Point, CA): See the latest strategies from Frito-Lay, MINI, Amex and more.
Omni-Channel Shopper (NYC): Learn how design is helping PepsiCo with the marketing war.
Cannes Lions (Cannes): Insights on brand experience, planning, purchase paths and more.
Digital Dimensions (Stockholm): A showcase of new digital tools changing the face of research.
Mumbrella360 (Sydney): Learn how leading brands are leveraging collaboration and content.
CommunicAsia (Singapore): A guide to the effective measurement of digital data.
Warc Consensus Adspend Forecast
Global adspend is tipped to rise 5.8% in 2014 and 5.0% in 2015, according to the bi-annual Warc Consensus Adspend Forecast.
The report, based on a weighted average of adspend predictions from various sources, features global data together with media breakdowns for the 13 largest advertising economies.