NEW YORK: The issue on which most senior US marketers are focused right now is not the global credit crunch or America's flagging economy but getting to grips with integrated marketing communications, the Association of National Advertisers reports.
In an annual survey of members designed to shape the organization's annual fall conference, integrated marketing communications topped senior marketers priority list for the second successive year.
Runners-up in the priority stakes were marketing accountability and aligning the marketing organization with innovation – in that order.
These are the ten top-ranked issues ...
- Integrated marketing communications.
- Marketing accountability.
- Aligning marketing organization with innovation.
- Brand building.
- Media proliferation.
- Advertising creative that achieves business results.
- Consumer control over what and how they view advertising.
- Attracting and retaining top talent.
- Globalization of marketing efforts.
- Multicultural marketing.
The rankings are based on responses from 157 member organizations and – by a fortunate stroke of coincidence – the theme of the ANA's next member conference on May 29 is ... Integrated Marketing.
Data sourced from Association of National Advertisers (USA); additional content by WARC staff