LONDON: Out-of-home and online will lead UK advertising growth this year, predicts Britain's Advertising Association, which foresees a 3.2% increase in expenditure over 2007.
The AA's quarterly Advertising Forecast, researched and compiled by the World Advertising Research Center, also expects expenditure to expand marginally to 3.3% in 2009.
The report, published Tuesday, covers national and regional newspapers, consumer and business magazines, television, radio, outdoor & transport, cinema, internet and direct mail.
Classified recruitment figures for national and regional newspapers exclude online advertising paid for separately to a print campaign. This is included in internet advertising expenditure.
1. Includes agency commission but excludes production costs and directories.
2. Includes internet display.
3. Includes internet classified (recruitment, other classified and paid search ads).
4. TV figures include GMTV, Channels 4 and 5 and multichannel.
5. Excluding colour supplements.
For further information on the AA's quarterly forecasts click here.
Data sourced from Advertising Association (UK); additional content by WARC staff