CHICAGO: According to the 63rd annual Advertising Age Agency Report, published this week, US marketing communications agencies enjoyed a robust fiscal in 2006, notching a collective $28.2 billion (€20.64bn; £14.1bn) in revenues.
It's the fastest growth enjoyed by the industry since emerging from the doldrums in 2002, with marketing services shops achieving a pacy 13.1% rise to $15.1bn - thanks to the surge in online activity.
Conversely, traditional advertising and media edged-up just 4.2% to $13.1bn, the sector's weakest growth since 2003.
Across the agency spectrum, traditional advertising and media planning/buying collectively generated less than half (46.4%) of total revenues. The remaining 53.6% was shared between a range of marketing services:
As to traditional agency rankings by revenues, JWT led the pack with an estimated $445 million, while the hot breath on its neck was exhaled by BBDO and McCann-Erickson.
Comprehensive data from the report can be accessed by clicking here.
Data sourced from AdAge.com; additional content by WARC staff