Pepsi: The X Factor Partnership
OMD New York
Objectives: Reposition brand in relevant pop culture, drive consumer engagement and create social conversation around the Pepsi brand – all leading to increased purchase intent among the Pepsi target.
Our KPI's for The X Factor were comprehensive across multiple disciplines including:
- Brand Health (Brand I love, Brand Like me, Purchase Intent, etc.)
- Media Impressions (as compared to season 10 American Idol ratings, est. at 350MM media imps)
- Digital Engagement (increased awareness of the partnership- Brand Recall, Display Media CTR, Pepsi Platform engagement, Social Page Likes, Promotion entries)
- Earned Media Impressions (150MM)
Pepsi is consistently taking the pulse of its consumers and a landed on two key insights:
- Consumers don't want to pay for music, but will pay- in both dollars and time, for live, new music experiences
- First Discovery of new artists and music is a social badge of honor for millennials that drives shared activity.