Mama Natura: A global brand for motherhood
Agency: DewGibbons + Partners
Brand: Mama Natura
Category: Brand Identity - over £100,000
With products sold around the world under different brand names and packaging, Deutsche Homöopathie-Union's (DHU) new business strategy was to create a global umbrella brand with consistent names, positioning, identity, packaging, and communications for its pre-existing homeopathic medicines targeting babies, infants, and small children.
This is a first to market - no other business has a global brand that is specifically developed for children, uniting all children's aged 0-6 natural remedies under one consistent identity.
The result is Mama Natura for children.
The long-term aims were to achieve global synergies, more focused and cost-effective marketing, with the end goal, of course, to accelerate sales. Plus a big challenge was to gain buy-in from existing markets, where the products are run autonomously through joint ventures or sold through distributors. The pilot in Spain has proven to be enormously successful.
- Almost one-third of countries with a pre-existing children's range buy into the new brand
- Expansion into 20 new countries by end of 2015 one-third more than target
- 30% rise in overall average monthly sales value
- 47% growth in sales of insectDHU range since packaging redesign – doubling objective
- 12% increase in average cost per unit
- 10% production cost savings
- 24% overall rise in Spanish pharmacy penetration
- 28% rise in pharmacy penetration for insectDHU range
- 102% increase in Facebook 'likes' – 2.5times more than objective