Adstats: Global industry outlook
Marketers continue to face challenging economic times. Warc's latest Global Marketing Index (GMI) returned a global reading of 47.5 for marketing budgets – where a reading of 50 represents no change in expenditure from the previous month. That said, some parts of the industry and some regions are still recording impressive growth. Digital and mobile have consistently returned GMI readings of 70 or above over recent months. Digital adspend is now predicted to rise by 14.8% in 2012, compared with an increase of just 4.6% for TV and declines for print media. Asia-Pacific and the Americas are still registering net budget expansions, with only exceptionally low results from Europe dragging the global average below 50.
A full PowerPoint presentation of these charts can be downloaded here or click below links for individual slides.
What else does this article talk about?
- Advertising expenditure & forecasts
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.