Sci Fi Channel: Steven Spielberg Presents Taken
Brand Name: Sci Fi Channel
Product Type or Description: Cable mini-series
Category for this Entry: Entertainment
Campaign Title: Steven Spielberg presents Taken
Agency: The Media Kitchen
Client: Sci Fi Channel
Marketing Challenge Repositioning the SCI Fl Channel
The SCI Fl Channel's Steven Spielberg Presents: Taken was a 10-part mini-series that was broadcast over 2 weeks in December 2002. The alien abduction themed mini-series emphasized a human drama rather than the more traditional science fiction aspects of the story. Even though SCI Fl reaches 81 million homes, it was generally considered by consumers to be a niche network with limited appeal to a narrow audience of science fiction fans. Taken was the networks chance to break through.
What else does this article talk about?
- TV channels, services, programmes
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.