automated website synthesis and uncertainty reasoning for customer preference management
University of Edinburgh
Mobile Data Solutions
The Prudential Assurance Company
ACORN (Market Research)
Independent Statistics Consultant
Phillip Morris Asia
Reasoning and acting on the basis of customer preference are necessary for customer relationship management (CRM) systems to provide the most preferred products or services at the right time to every customer (Leung et al, 2002b). The holy grail of developing web-based CRM systems or software agents is designing scientific and efficient algorithms that can automatically 1) reason about customer preference under uncertainty and 2) synthesize a customized web interface. We refer to such CRM systems and software agents as CRM agents hereafter. Due to resource constraints and technical limitations in real world, exhaustive knowledge of customer preference cannot be made available to CRM agents. The capability of CRM agents to reason about customer preference under uncertainty is crucial for proper actions. When interacting with different customers through the web, the form and content of web should be reconfigured according to individual customer preference, i.e., personalization. Automated techniques in website synthesis are greatly desirable because of the high cost and inefficiency of manual web crafting. As shown in figure 1, all these are key functions and processes of customer preference management (CPM). In the following sections, we describe about preference elicitation, uncertainty handling in preference reasoning, and automated website synthesis based on customer preference.
What else does this article talk about?
- Conjoint analysis
- Customer relationship management
- Using customer data
- Brand loyalty
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.