Duval Guillaume Modem Antwerp
Advertiser: Carlsberg Group
Carlsberg, with its well-known baseline "Probably the best beer in the world" has always been portrayed in Belgium as a premium badge brand representing a stylised, sublimely sophisticated world – only a couple of years ago, it launched a contest in which participants could win a private jet for a week!
The change of the baseline into "That calls for a Carlsberg", decided internationally, was an opportunity to reposition the brand as more accessible, more contemporary and more relevant for a younger consumer group, i.e. 20-30 year olds, while still remaining stylish (and therefore worth its premium price).
Therefore, the objectives were …
- Interim objectives
- Create a buzz / PR value
- Establish an online presence and reputation for Carlsberg
- Awareness of the new baseline "That calls for a Carlsberg"
- Brand objectives
- Increased brand awareness amongst new target group
- Improve brand image amongst new target group, on items:
- Rewarding (in line with the new international positioning)
- (Maintain good score on) "stylish"
- Create a relationship with the new target group