The Rise Of Media Auditing
As US television advertising budgets have grown steadily over the years, so has the volume of errors in advertising plan implementation. In 2002 alone, 8% of the total $16.2 billion spent on spot-TV ads or $1.3 billion was lost to advertisers through errors that were missed by financial auditors.
This situation has helped galvanise awareness and support of the benefits of financially-orientated media auditing a discipline dedicated to tracking and analysing spot-TV advertising data to measure achievement of an advertising programme's quantitative and qualitative goals, to assess compliance with the programme's buying guidelines, and to facilitate compensation for non-compliance to advertisers, primarily in the form of credits and make-goods.
What else does this article talk about?
- Auditing & evaluating agencies
- TV planning & buying
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.