Context and Reflection: Newspapers and Classifieds
Speech given at Publicitas Swiss Publishers Conference
In recent months, so much focus has been on how newspapers are changing formats and designs. On how our products today are so different from what we produced 10, 20, and 30 years ago.
Despite our protests to the contrary, we are an industry of artists in love with our own work.
There are worse things in life.
Yet I am constantly reminded that newspapers are not changing in a vacuum. We're not changing because we want to change. We're changing because the market demands that we change.
What's happening among the world's 8,000 daily newspapers is the separation of an activity's true value from the 'shell' in which we're accustomed to that activity being delivered in. In some cases, these are newspaper features. In other cases, these are newspaper business activities.
What else does this article talk about?
- Newspaper effectiveness
- Online & digital newspapers
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.