The Pursuit Of Luxury - Bling-Bling Vs. Savoir Faire
Understanding the changing nature of luxury
The Business Challenge
The overall consumption volume of cognac is decreasing year on year across Europe. Fewer young people are entering the cognac category with reduced affinity towards the Hennessy brand.
A business and marketing strategy was required which was to have a direct impact on this scenario, in order to create a situation where Hennessy becomes an active part of younger consumers' drinks repertoire.
What else does this article talk about?
- Bricolage & semiotics
- Qualitative theories & methods
- Marketing to youth
- Luxury purchase behaviour
- Luxury brands
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.