The Gender Gap: Brain-Processing Differences Between the Sexes Shape Attitudes About Online Advertising
Wright State University
- In this study, males showed greater attention toward graphical stimuli, such as banner advertisements.
- Males had wider swings in attitude based on attention to an advertisement.
- Females indicated more favorable attitudes to advertisements on the right of the page and males exhibited more favorable attitudes to advertisements on the left of the page.
- Advertisers should consider targeting more graphics-oriented advertisements toward males to optimize attention.
- Advertisers should place advertisements on the right of the page for females, and on left of the page for males, to optimize attitudes.