Why Diverse U.S. Cable Audiences Are Leading The Way In The Postmodern Age
A riot's going on!
Willis G. Smith
W.G. Smith & Associates, Inc.
Many communications leaders, scholars and industry professionals are now suggesting that audience research and measurement is at crossroads at the onset of the 21st century and ushering in what many are calling the postmodern era (Gandy, McLeod, Mermingas, Starorsta, 2002-2003). Industry experts are looking for the new guideposts and measurement connections amidst tumultuous change in media, social structures, and audiences that have become increasingly urbanized, diverse, and technological. Others may still try to fit the same 'pieces' of measurement into the same measurement puzzles or modernist structures.
What else does this article talk about?
- Digital media planning & buying
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.