Learning More About Planning For Marketing Efficiency
The way ahead
Independent Research Consultant
Advertisers are rightly demanding more information on how to improve the effectiveness of their marketing expenditure, but to date progress has been slow, largely because the research tools available have been inadequate, and also because of the structure, unproven established wisdom and conservatism of the advertising industry. Additionally many approaches have been too limited in their coverage.
For example, many econometric studies have concentrated on marketplace characteristics, such as the number of competitors, relative prices and distribution levels on the one hand, and TVRs or money spent on the other, without taking into account any other campaign characteristics (Weser, 1997). In effect, this is saying that all the many planning decisions made by the agency make no difference to the results achieved. The statistical analyses might be fine, but a moment's reflection will reveal the weakness of this thinking.
What else does this article talk about?
- Native advertising & advertorial
- Measuring ROI
- Measuring ROI
- Integration strategy
- Theories & ideas of media planning
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.