Adstats: Entertainment advertising
Entertainment accounted for $47 billion of the $405 billion spent on global advertising across the first nine months of 2012. This makes it the second-largest individual advertising category after FMCG. Adspend for the category grew by 4.4% over the nine-month period, compared with the same period in 2011, outstripping the 3.3% growth rate recorded across all categories. Holidays, out-of-home entertainment and restaurants were the fastest-growing sub-categories, with each growing by over 7% year-on-year. Media used by entertainment advertisers remains relatively traditional with overall spend heavily oriented towards TV, which took up 57.4% of the total over the nine-month period, compared with 2.2% for internet.
Download a full PowerPoint presentation of these charts or click below links for individual slides.
What else does this article talk about?
- Advertising expenditure & forecasts
WARC’s coverage is unrivalled – grouping articles, case studies and research around 100 different marketing topics, arranged across 11 themes.
What do I get with WARC?
- 65,000+ articles covering the full spectrum of marketing communications.
- Including over 12,000 effectiveness case studies revealing the campaign strategies of the world's leading brands to help maximize ROI.
- Best practice guides that explain the how and why of marketing challenges to stay ahead of the ever-changing marketing landscape.
- Marketing intelligence, trend reports, brand profiles and event reports to give your brand clear competitive advantage.