Reebok Promo Gift Recalled After Child Dies

27 March 2006

    CANTON, MASS - Reebok is recalling 300,000 children's charm bracelets following the death of a four-year-old child from lead poisoning after swallowing a piece of the jewelry, the US Consumer Product Safety Commission said last week.
    The silver-colored bracelets, bearing heart-shaped charms engraved with the Reebok name, were given away from May 2004 through March with the purchase of children's shoes in major shoe stores across the country.
    According to the CPSC, the Chinese-sourced bracelets contain high levels of lead.