CHICAGO: Former media mogul Conrad Black (pictured) who fell from grace in a $6.1m (£€4.1m; £3.08m) fraud scandal, has been told he must start his jail sentence by March 3.
Judge Amy St Eve, who presided over last year's trial, told the erstwhile controlling shareholder of the Hollinger International media empire that he will not be allowed to wait until his appeal against the six-and-a-half-year term is heard.
Black was found guilty of defrauding Hollinger and of obstruction of justice. He and three former colleagues have maintained their innocence throughout and are all appealing their convictions.
Data sourced from MediaGuardian.co.uk; additional content by WARC staff