The American Advertising Federation (AAF), headquartered in Washington, DC, acts as the "Unifying Voice for Advertising." The AAF is the oldest national advertising trade association, representing 50,000 professionals in the advertising industry.
The American Advertising Federation protects and promotes the well-being of advertising. The AAF accomplishes this through a unique, nationally-coordinated grassroots network of advertisers, agencies, media companies, local advertising clubs and college chapters.
Here's what the AAF does:
- Brings members together to yield creative business solutions.
- Protects and promotes advertising at all levels of government through grassroots activities.
- Educates members on the latest trends in technology, creativity and marketing.
- Provides programs to assist local association volunteer leadership.
- Presents the industry with its future leaders.
- Honors advertising excellence.
- Promotes diversity in advertising by encouraging the recruitment of people of diverse cultures.
- Applies the communication skills of its members to help solve community concerns.